"Robust safeguarding systems ensure that pupils are safe" - Ofsted
"Pupils enjoy coming to school. They attend regularly, behave well and are keen to learn" - Ofsted
Wroxall Primary School takes seriously its responsibility to safeguard and promote children’s welfare; and to work together with other agencies to ensure robust arrangements are made within School to identify, assess, and support those children who may be at risk of suffering significant harm.
All staff and governors and our community of parents have an important and active part to play in protecting our children from harm.
If you have a concern about a child or adult, please do not hesitate to report this to one of the staff members who lead on Safeguarding, or to the Local Authority Officer. Please see 'Who to Contact' for details.
It might be difficult to accept, but every child can be hurt, put at risk of harm, or abused, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that Safeguarding means:
• Protecting children from maltreatment
• Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
• Ensuring all children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
• Undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully
H.M.Government 2010 stated that:
"Child protection is a part of safeguarding and promoting welfare: to protect children who are suffering, or are at risk of suffering, significant harm."
(for Wroxall Primary School’s Safeguarding policy please see our Information page, policies tab)
For more on E-safety, please follow the links below:
Click below for the childnet "Be Safe, Be Smart Online" flyer:
Designated Safeguarding leaders:
• Lynn Torrance - Headteacher
• Krissy Avey - FLO
• Bradley Price - Senior Teacher
• Daisy Buckingham – Preschool Manager
• Jenny Johnston – Safeguarding Governor
Our Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO):
• Number: 01962 876364 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org